Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Chocolate Candy Cake - Picture Tutorial

Just as I promised, here's how I made the chocolate candy cake...
 
 

Paper plates
Mini Hershey bars
Mini Kit Kat bars
Hershey Kisses
Mini Reese's White Chocolate
Ferrero Rocher
Glue Gun

First I lined up the Hershey Bars and taped them together on the back.  Then I took the paper support that's included in the Hershey bar packaging and rolled it to make a circle - it took 2 of the paper supports.

 
I then glued the circle onto a paper plate then took another paper plate and glued it on top sandwiching the circle in between the paper plates.


 
Here's the sandwich, now a fake cake.

 
I then wrapped the Mini Hershey Bars around the circle part of fake cake and glued them down.

 
I took another paper plate and cut off the scallop part.  Then I snipped around the plate up to the indentation.

 
Snip all the way around, like so.

 
Bend up all the snips - this will make a cover.

 
Put the cover aside and again get the paper supports from the candy packaging.  You will need 2.  As you can see in the picture below, there are sides to the paper support. You have to remove both sides.

 
Here it is removed. It just tears off because it is already perforated.
 
 
Attach the 2 paper supports together because you again will be making another circle form.
 
 
This time, however, you will form the circle to fit directly on the indentation part of the paper plate.  Once lined up, glue it on.  I used hot glue.

 
Because the circle form sits right on the indentation, and the cover you created earlier is cut to the indentation line, the cover should fit.  Just place it over the top, lining it up and bending the tabs over.
 
Now, remember the paper support edges that was torn off? Well, I used that to wrap around and hold down the tabs to make it look prettier.


 
Here it is with the tabs covered.
 
 
I added almost an entire box of Ferrero Rocher inside the fake cake container.
 

 
Then I took mini KitKats, lined them up, taped them, and wrapped them around the second layer of the fake cake.
 
 
Here it is with the lid closed.

 
I then just decorated away by adding other chocolate candies and some curling ribbon.  And tah-dah ... Chocolate Candy Cake!!
 
 

No comments: