So this is the post I promised back in February that I never did post. It's my t-shirt scarf ...
Sorry for the blurry picture. I took this with my cell phone camera.
As I made this I forgot to take pictures but really it is easy.
1. Flatten out the t-shirt you are going to use.
2. Using the large part of the t-shirt, trace a large plate around the t-shirt.
3. So now you have a large circle on the t-shirt. Cut out the circle.
4. Pick a point anywhere on the outside part of the circle and start cutting a spiral.
5. Keep cutting until you reach the center.
6. Pull/stretch the t-shirt and voila!
Do this about 3-4 times to get the super ruffles.
NOTE: If you use a large or extra-large t-shirt, you can get lots of circles on the t-shirt. If you use a small plate, you may have to connect the t-shirts to make a longer scarf.
In case this is still confusing, I will try to post a picture within the next month. So stay tuned!