Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Crafts - Star Picture Ornament

I've seen ornaments like these done on the web using different types of papers but I thought to myself...wouldn't it be nice if it was a picture instead of just paper. So I gave it a try on my computer and here is the result.



I took a picture of my ever so cute nephew and cropped it into a diamond shape. Copied that six times and arranged them around each other. Then I printed them off as a whole in four different sizes (staggering). Cut them up and glued it to black cardstock. Cut again and stacked them on top of each other, but I placed pop dots in between the layers to give it more dimension.

Here's the result...


Not too bad, right?

Oh...I forgot. I did punch a little hole at the tip of one of the big stars and put a fishing wire through it so they can hang it up.




1 comment:

Mrs. Skojec said...

Oooh! I like this! Was it a lot of work? What a cute idea! I'm pinning it on my board. Thanks for the post!

~Pam