Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

In Memory of Franklin Candle - for Jeremy Renner

In Memory of Franklin Candle - for Jeremy Renner
A few things you didn't know about me ... I'm a dog lover, I've lost a dog to a car accident, and I'm a big fan of Jeremy Renner.

Why am I telling you this?  Well, at the beginning of this year (2012), Jeremy Renner (Avenger's Hawkeye, Bourne Legacy, The Town, The Hurt Locker, Neo Ned) lost his cute, adorable dog, Franklin, to a heart attack.  I understand how he must have felt because I have also lost a dog.  And let me tell you, my dog's death really screwed me up.  I ended up quiting my job and dropping out of my classes right before finals because I just couldn't focus.  It was a hard time and it took me a while to recover.

Well, being an admirer of Jeremy Renner and hearing of his loss, I wanted to express my sympathy to him by honoring his dog, Franklin, by making an eternal candle that he could light up for Franklin.  I didn't dare share this after the loss because that would have hurt more.  But now that time has passed and he has moved on and got himself 2 more dogs, I think it's now appropriate to share my creation.




Franklin's Candle when lit up.

The candle is one of those battery operated candles which I purchased from a local store in my area.  I created the cover on the candle on my computer using a picture of Franklin I found on the net and rewriting a sympathy poem.  The background is a photo I took of the sky when it was bright blue.  I printed it on velum type paper and glued it to the candle. So now, at night, a candle can be lit for Franklin without worries of any fires.  Jeremy will probably never receive the candle, so I will just have to light it up for him for Franklin.

Here's the poem I re-wrote ...

You saved me from my loneliness,
and made my days shine bright.
A gift for such a short time,
your loss was just not right.

Gone yet not forgotten,
although we are apart,
your spirit lives within me,
forever in my heart.

Rest in peace Franklin.

Peechee

PS.  Forgot to mention, I'm also an actress and I worked on the set of Neo Ned with Jeremy Renner.  Although I didn't get to act with him or even see him, since I was just background, it's pretty cool that I can say I was on his set.

Here's Mr. Renner.  Isn't he just adorable?  And his acting is astonishing!

No comments: