Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pumpkin Book

So I've seen the Apple Books everyone has been making and thought .... "Hmmmm, Peechee. You should try it as a pumpkin."  And so I did (of course not realizing everyone and their mother has done the pumpkins too) and here's what I came up with.



This was crazy because the book, which I got from the Dollar Store, was over 500 pages long.  At 400, I was tired so I stopped there and it still looks pretty full, don't you think?  I have other plans for the other 100 pages.


Anyway, after cutting it all out, it looked good but I thought why not give it a little more "ummphh".  So I took orange water color paint and painted the sides (which uh ... everyone has done too, better late than never ;-) ).


 Took a little while and I had to keep blowing at the pieces to separate them as they dried so they won't stick together but it was all well worth it, don't you think?

Oh yeah ... I did shove a piece of stick on the top of the pages to represent a stem. I'm thinking of changing it to a fatter piece of brown paper or brown felt and then adding a felt leaf to it.  I dunno.  I like it this was too.

By the way ... instructions on how to cut up a book shape can be found here.

Hope you enjoyed anyway!

Peechee

No comments: