Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Diaper Cake - Last Minute

Today, my MIL calls me and asks me if I could make a diaper cake for her sister and that she needs it by Tuesday.  Wow!  As if I don't have anything else to do but roll diapers all day.  LOL!  It's family so how could I say no.  Her sister bought the supplies, dropped it off, and here is what I made from what she gave me.




Personally, I think it's really plain.  It doesn't have enough "umphh" to me but this is what she gave me to work with.  I don't have time to run out and get more things to decorate it as I have some studying to do for my class.  Yes... I'm taking night courses now to get my state certification to teach preschool again.  I'm so excited!  I've missed teaching preschoolers.

Anyway, back to the diaper cake... As I said, I think it's plain.  I would have loved to add some ruffles or even tule around each layer, maybe have ribbons streaming out the sides more.  Oh well.  It didn't really take me too long to make this.  Makes me think that maybe I could offer this kind of service where people just buy the items and I'll put it all together for them for a small fee.  This way they have some control of the type of diapers used and the ribbon colors and toys they want to give.  It's a thought I might just follow on.  Will let you know.  In the meantime, here's another diaper cake that I created previously.  I love this one!


2 comments:

Leslie said...

They look fantastic. I don't have the slightest idea how to do that. Have a great new week.

ediapercake said...

Your diaper cakes look really elegant!